If you said this small thing it the red t-shirt, you’re close…
Dawn, our scarecrow, that’s who.
We made this cool scarecrow using an old wetsuit, a bail of straw, some old gumbys and some gloves. We also had an old head lying around (who doesn’t) which the kids painted a while back.
How to make her:
1. get a wetsuit, from the 2nd hand shop
2. get some gloves from your shed and some old boots/shoes
3. Before you stuff it with hay, put the boots and gloves on the wetsuit and stick some wire through them to hold them on.
4. Stuff it with hay
5. Get that old plastic head that’s sitting in your loungeroom (or you might find one at a 2nd hand shop, or there’s new polystyrene ones at Spotlight type shops, but they’re not particularly great for the environment when theyre worn out. You could probably make a cool (and less bleedin-scary) head from a balloon, or a balloon paper-mache crafty effort, or just a plastic bag filled with hay.). Stick it in the neck hole. We shoved a stick down the body for the head to sit on so it didn’t loll around.
6. Hang her from the zip cord and wave goodbye to those pesky birds (and door-to-door salespeople to hopefully!)